Kurowski Shultz LLC seeks Civil Litigation Associate with 4 to 10 years litigation experience to handle complex litigation matters in Missouri and Illinois. The firm’s expertise is diverse but focused in the areas of complex toxic tort cases, product liability, class actions, and local government law.
Responsibilities include conducting depositions, preparing witnesses, drafting discovery and pleadings, and trial preparation and support. Must be capable of independent work and have strong research and writing skills. Must be able to multi-task and work in an organized and efficient manner. Must be licensed in Illinois and preferably also Missouri.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, references and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kurowski Shultz LLC seeks a paralegal with zero to two years experience for our busy asbestos defense litigation practice. Candidates must be detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Reviewing daily filings on Lexis Nexis File and Serve Xpress
- Printing, coding, and distributing copies of filings to the appropriate attorneys and paralegals
- Reviewing filings to ensure accuracy of distribution
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal Certificate. Please send resume and cover letter to Firm Administrator Mary Rau via email at email@example.com.
Kurowski Shultz LLC is also seeking an experienced Legal Secretary with strong computer & communication skills. Minimum of 5 years legal experience is required.
The Legal Secretary provides administrative and secretarial support to assigned attorneys/paralegals including, but not limited to:
- Prepare, transcribe, compose, type, and edit correspondence, memoranda, and legal documentation, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, motions, and pretrial agreements
- Filing and electronic document management
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials
- Maintain calendar for assigned attorneys
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, appointments, events and other similar activities for attorneys, including travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepare expense reports
- Serve documents on electronic file/serve system
- Receive/route daily mail for assignees
Please submit resume and cover letter to Firm Administrator Mary Rau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.