Kurowski Shultz LLC seeks two paralegals for our busy asbestos defense litigation practice. Candidates must be detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
We seek one paralegal with five to seven years litigation experience. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing documents and coordinating document productions.
- Preparing witness and matter materials for case preparation.
- Organizing interview memos, digests, and other relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Drafting and filing discovery and disclosures.
- Acting as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside agencies.
- Overseeing the progress of documents through litigation support departments, ordering transcripts from reporting services, and fulfilling requests from outside counsel and others.
- Preparing and providing periodic reports to clients.
We also seek a Medical/Nurse Paralegal. Candidates with an R.N. or other medical background; knowledge and experience in pulmonary medicine and/or oncology are preferred but not required. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing, analyzing and summarizing medical records.
- Working with the attorneys to determine defense strategy based on medical records and diagnosis.
- Assisting the attorneys in preparation for expert witnesses and trial work.
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree, Nursing School completion, and/or Paralegal Certificate. Please send resume and cover letter to Firm Administrator, Mary Rau, via email at email@example.com.